Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Phil, Ron, Betsey and I left London Monday morning, and enjoyed the four-hour train trip to Edinburgh, Scotland, where we will be until Thursday when we return to London via the train.
I couldn't resist the above photo. I'm sure it's not the case, but it would appear that contraption could get tangled up in a bunch of hot wires, and somebody could get hurt! :-) Actually all those wires are above the train tracks and provide electricity to the trains; that ferris wheel is in fact a good distance away.
Three more photos taken during our memorable train ride. After we return to the United States, I hope to post some of the pictures Phil took while we were riding along the eastern coastline of Scotland. Breathtaking views! Meanwhile.............

Nothing like watching the beautiful countryside go by....a green tree at a time!

First time in my life I've seen a curved vapor trail (I call 'em sky tracks).


As we were approaching a river crossing, I noticed what appears to be a lovely manor seated on the hill above that wide, beautiful river.

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Stunning pictures! I can't wait for our next destination!