Saturday, October 14, 2006



Yesterday afternoon, Phil and I went out for our (fairly) regular afternoon walk along the waters of the bay here adjacent to the San Francisco Airport. I captured four pictures you might enjoy seeing, and decided to post them this afternoon. (We're enjoying a lazy afternoon in the hotel room, each seated side by side in front of our computers. Doesn't take a lot to make us happy!) ha

The little feathered guy in the picture above was absolutely alone, standing on a piece of pointed rock sticking up out of the water.



I have no idea what this plant is called, but there are many of them along the far-eastern end of the walkway. The stalks are burgundy, and the "flower" end of each stalk is a very soft, furry-feeling thing. We love to touch them.



I love any green plant that has red berries.....always reminds me of Christmas. :-) I noticed day before yesterday on our walk that the blossoms that had previously been on these plants had turned to berries. So pretty!



And, of course, I had to take a picture of a plane coming in! It looks like the moon in the sky, but it's actually an airplane with its lights on. We've been amazed at how powerful the landing lights are.......like a beacon!
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: