Saturday, June 17, 2006

I'm fascinated and intrigued by nature in all it's mystery and majesty. I'm calmed by the presence of still bodies of water, such as this early morning shot looking across the bay from our Marriott Hotel window toward the San Francisco Airport landing strip. On this particular morning, the water, which is usually moving and active, was almost as still as glass.
Soon after I took the first photo, the tide began to wane and I captured this plane as it approached the landing strip. As you can see, the water was so still it captured the plane's reflection in it.
The repetitive cycle of the tide coming in, going out, coming in, going out never fails to amaze me. I think about the water displaced here....how it moves to the "Tide's In" position at another shore far away. It's perfect; it doesn't pause or go in the wrong direction. Constant, perfect, unrelenting movement.
It had gone out, but it came right back in! And after lingering here for a few hours, it would begin its pace of withdrawal to that other shoreline. And I get to watch it happen every day from our hotel room window.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: