Thursday, April 09, 2009

Hello, everyone!

I've not posted anything for several months (for any number of reasons....and I promise to do better!), but just had to touch base with you today.

This photo is of Jason-Paul and Julia Jo, our Kimberly's (and Paul's) two little ones. Jason-Paul, a Leap Year baby born 2/29/08, celebrated his first birthday somewhere between February 28th and March 1st this year. :-)Yesterday, April 8, 2009, Julia Jo turned five!

While we had sent gifts for her special day, and also knowing that Phil and I would see her today (April 9th) because Kim and the two children are flying to San Francisco in order to spend a couple of days with us at the hotel here in San Jose, I wanted to "converse"with Julia Jo (which is always fun and interesting) and especially wish her a very HAPPY birthday!

After telling JJ how much I love her and how proud I am of her that she is *now* FIVE WHOLE, BIG years old(!!), I asked, "Sweetheart, doyou FEEL like you're five years old???"

Imagine my surprise (and how I wanted to burst out laughing) when she said, quite seriously, "Actually, Grandma, I feel like a teenager."

Hope this made you smile! I still start chuckling everytime I think about our "conversation." What a girl!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: